So I have been a total addict on Milk Tea, but not just any milk tea...but THAI MILK TEA. Oh my goodness, I just cannot get enough of it and buying it from tea cafes are so expensive, like almost $5 a cup. So I have decided to make my own and I can also control what goes into my tea! So here is my recipe...
My Thai Milk Tea Recipe
1/4 C. Thai Tea or Black Tea
2 C. Boiling Water
1/4 C. + 2 Tbsp. White Sugar
1/2 C. Milk (Skim, 1%, 2%, Whole, Carnation...) Divided
2 Tbsp. Sweetened Condensed Milk, Divided
1. Steep the tea in the boiling water for about 5 minutes.
2. Over a medium bowl, strain the tea into the bowl. Add the sugar.
3. Let it cool completely.
4. Fill two cups with ice.
5. Divide the brewed and strained tea between the two cups.
6. Carefully top off the teas with your choice of milk and sweetened condensed milk.
7. Serve and enjoy! (Optional: Add a 1/4 cup of prepared boba to the bottom of your cups)