Salted Caramel French Macaron! So delicious! My mouth just waters thinking about it. Click below to see the recipe.
- 60g almond meal
- 100g powdered sugar
- 50g egg whites (room temp)
- 25g granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- Sea Salt (to sprinkle) “Fleur De Sel”
Sitting time: 45-60 Minutes
Bake time: 12-18 Minutes
Bake Temp: 300F
1. Sift almond flour and powdered sugar. Leave out large remains. Set aside. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat egg whites until foamy, add salt and cream of tartar.
3. Gradually add in the white granulated sugar in five parts.
4. Beat for 2 minutes then add food coloring, (I would recommend adding a couple drops darker because they will become lighter when baked).
5. Continue to beat for 8-12 minutes or until you have reached a semi-stiff peak consistency, (not that the meringue stands straight up, but that it curls just a little bit at their tips).
6. Fold dry ingredient mixture into the meringue. (DO NOT Overmix and DO NOT undermix, you want to reach a nice ribbon-like molten lava consistency)
7. Transfer into a pastry bag.
8. Pipe out meringue into 1 inch mounds making sure that they are 1 inch apart.
9. Tap the pan hard on the counter 3-4 times on each side to release the air bubbles and flatten them out, (doing this would prevent cracking).
10. VERY IMPORTANT! Let the cookies sit out for 45-60 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies are dry to the touch.
11. Preheat oven at 300F, Bake for 12-18 minutes, making sure to check them (without opening the oven) every 5 minutes. DO NOT underbake.
12. Let cool, then fill with your favorite filling! Enjoy!